So the numbers are out , and can we say JT is WINNING! The pop/R &B blue eyed heart throb came out number one, and all I have to say is hip-hop better step their fan base, and promo game all the way up!
Check out how 2 Chainz, Wiz Khalifa, Kendrick Lamar, and other did as well!
1. Justin Timberlake – The 20/20 Experience – 968,000 – The most obvious #1 ranking since probably Adele’s 21. And you know what the scary thing is? This album hasn’t even begun truly releasing singles yet. I expect this album to be in the top 50 until fall. If not longer. Just wait until “Tunnel Vision” inevitably becomes a hit.
14. Mackelmore & Ryan Lewis – The Heist – 24,000 – This time next week Heist will have officially sold 500,000 copies. I’ve seen several different reviews of Mackelmore, the album and the hit song “Thrift Shop;” some positive, some negative. Above anything, half a million copies sold is an achievement in any sense of the imagination.
25. Kendrick Lamar – GKMC – 14,000 – This will be one of those albums that’ll eventually hit platinum by the end of the year. He’s about 192,000 copies away. Now, if he can wrestle Jay away from Timberlake for five minutes and get a video for that “Bitch Don’t Kill My Vibe (Remix)…”
48. A$AP Rocky – Long.Live.A$AP – 8,600 – Moving 300K on your debut isn’t bad at all these days. The next release I’d want to see, but I know it’s a long shot? An A$AP Yams comedy CD. I’d pay good money to hear that.
66. T.I. – Trouble Man: Heavy Is The Head – 6,600 – This will eventually hit gold as well seeing as how it’s only 65,000 units away. As of today, I’m trying to be in the Verizon Center when he, Weezy and Future Vandross invade D.C. on August 2. #iCare
70. 2 Chainz – Based On A T.R.U. Story – 5,800 – Tit got about all he could possibly get out this album. I’m sure I’ve said this before, but yeah. It wouldn’t surprise me if a new single was being prepped though. Seeing as how the summer months are upon us and all. And you always want a hit single during the summer, right?
85. Wiz Khalifa – O.N.I.F.C. – 4,500 – I understand Wiz is still tending to be a new pops and all. That’s more important than anything music-related. And Curren$y is learning what it’s like to be a godfather. But at some point, can we please get get Live In Concert? Speaking of the summer, this would be the perfect project (the forthcoming Dom album, too) to highlight the carefree nature of summer, no?